Immunity system is the like army of a nation. It protects us against various viruses, infections and other harmful invaders which if not countered can have a damaging impact on our health and can lead to death also. A compromised/weaker immunity system leads to frequent illnesses from bacteria or viruses. This condition of immunity system is called as immunodeficiency disorder. It can be caused by:
- Primary immune deficiency: When a person is born with weak immune system because of genetic, environmental or nutritional reasons.
- Acquired immune deficiency: When a person suffers from a disease which weakens the immunity system.
- Overactive immune disorder: When a person have an immune system that is too active.
- Autoimmune disorder: When the immunity system of a person turns against himself.
Major immunity system disorders are:
- Severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID)/Bubble boy disease: By birth immunity disorder in which a child is under constant danger of infections from bacteria, viruses, and fungi.
- Temporary acquired immune deficiencies: When immunity system of a person is weakened by certain drugs, infections or bad habits like drinking, smoking etc.
- AIDS: An acquired viral infection that destroys important white blood cells and weakens the immune system.
- Asthma: An overactive immune system disorder in whichlungs response to allergens can cause coughing, wheezing, and trouble breathing. Asthma can be triggered by a common allergen like dust or pollen or by an irritant like tobacco smoke.
- Eczema:An allergen causes an itchy rash known as atopic dermatitis.
- Allergic rhinitis:Sneezing, a runny nose, sniffling, and swelling of nasal passages from indoor or outdoor allergens like dust, pets, pollens or molds.
- Type 1 diabetes: Autoimmune disorder in which the immune system attacks the cells in the pancreas, which make insulin. Insulin removes sugar from the blood to use as energy. Lack of insulin leads to diabetes.
- Rheumatoid arthritis:Type of arthritis which causes swelling and deformities of the joints.
- Lupus: Systemic lupus erythematosis is an autoimmune disease which attacks the body tissues, including our lungs, kidneys, and skin.
For detailed information about various immunity system disorders, their symptoms, causes and Panchamarit approach based solutions, kindly follow the links given below.